The Birth of a Flame

I know as I try to learn this wonderful program Apophysis that I am curious as to what steps everyone follows to come up with the awesome flames I see posted at Renderosity. So I thought if I was curious about others steps, maybe someone was curious of mine. So what follows are the steps that lead up to this flame.

First I opened Apophysis. I used a flame from the random batch that is generated when opening the program. I then used the script "Spiral Batch2"

One of the flames produced was this:



Below is the Editor window for this flame.

I then deleted a triangle (thanks Locomouse for teaching me this) & this is what was produced.

This is the Editor window for this flame.

I then played with moving the triangles & it produced this:

This is the Editor window for this flame:

I then played some more with the triangles & came up with this:

And this is the Editor window for this flame.

It amazes me how ugly this flame originally started out & how with deleting and tweaking of the triangles I was able to come up with something that looked good.

Funny thing is.. I use to pass right by any flames that looked like this original one did... now... I don't. LOL